Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Review: Werewolves (2011), by Zachary Graves

After having pre-ordered this title in November 2010 (along with Rosemary Ellen Guiley's upcoming book The Encyclopedia of Vampires and Werewolves, Second Edition), I waited for months for this title to be released. At first, I feared it would be late coming out, but it was released (and shipped) on Friday 5/20/2011. On Monday the 23rd, at 5:30pm, the UPS drove up my street, walked up to my front door, and handed me the package. I know this because I was sitting on the living room couch, waiting for two and a half hours.

Anyways, on to the book itself. I was half-expecting it to be full of misconceptions like the previous book Zombies: The Complete Guide to the World of the Living Dead (which was still very entertaining and informative, but also stated that Romero Zombies ate brains exclusively, which they do not). From the reading that I have done thus far, this promises to be very valuable to my research, as well as a fun way to pass the time. Half of this book is about the Werewolf in folklore and legend, while the other half focuses on Werewolves in fiction and the movies (including a few entries on serial killers with wolflike characteristics). The book includes an index, but unfortunately doesn't include a bibliography. But overall, this book is a very informative and educational work. I myself learned some things that I hadn't known previously. I would recommend it to all those who share my passion for the supernatural and the unexplained.

No comments:

Post a Comment